Luqmani Thompson & Partners is a specialist immigration law firm based in north London. We help businesses and individuals dealing with the full spectrum of immigration issues. We also assist those whose status has been questioned. Our lawyers
challenge officialdom at every level and they use their in-depth expertise to provide advice on
regulatory compliance to fellow lawyers and other professionals. Our commitment to providing the very best legal service has been recognised by our peers in the legal industry.
The solicitors at Luqmani Thompson & Partners are described in Chambers and Partners 2016: What the team is known for Specialist immigration practitioners, expertly guiding clients through PBS, deportation, human rights and asylum matters. Bolstered by considerable experience in judicial review and SIAC proceedings.
Jawaid Luqmani is regarded as one of the leading practitioners in the area, with a strong reputation for handling public law challenges to government actions and SIAC cases. One source describes him as "brilliant - very experienced and very knowledgeable."
Eileen Bye has a broad immigration practice, but is above all celebrated for her experience handling judicial review proceedings and civil suits on behalf of clients who have been held in detention centres. Peers single her out for her detailed preparation on the cases she runs.
London Immigration Lawyers
The variety of our clients and the range of cases we handle mean the London immigration solicitors at Luqmani Thompson & Partners appeal to a wide cross-section of people seeking expert advice on both personal and business immigration as well as human rights law. We regularly advise the following groups:
- Skilled migrants making applications under points-based system applications
- Employers of migrants and educational institutions in applications for sponsorship licenses as well as general regulatory compliance
- Overseas students appealing against Home Office decisions to refuse leave to remain
- European Union citizens and their family members seeking residence documentation or clarification on their rights and entitlements under Community law
- People who have been in the UK for long periods who wish to regularise their immigration status on the basis of long residence, family life or compassionate grounds
- People who the UK Border Agency are taking steps to deport or remove to their country of origin
- Clients making asylum and protection claims
Our solicitors' focus on immigration and human rights means they are alert to the fine detail of an area of law that changes frequently.
We believe there are few other areas of law where the repercussions of a poorly made application or a failure to observe time limits are more serious than for our immigration law clients. Increasingly we represent people who, in the absence of legal aid, recognise the value of quality legal advice in this area and we offer a transparent
fee structure. Against a background of cuts in state funding for legal services, a very small proportion of our work still continues to be legally aided.
People come to us for expert advice on immigration law. For more information call us on 020 3393 7713 or
contact us online.
learn more about our fees structure »