Luqmani Thompson & Partners Solicitors is a niche legal practice in immigration, nationality, human rights and public law. We are consistently highly ranked by Chambers and Partners for our immigration work and we undertake a broad variety of both private and publicly funded work for our clients.
We are seeking to appoint a public law solicitor to continue, develop and to potentially lead our public law practice. We hold a LAA contract in public law and our contract has been renewed and expanded in the recent 2018 tender. We have established links and networks with public law barristers and referring agencies. Our long standing public law supervisor has recently retired from Luqmani Thompson, and this comes at a time when as a business we are seeking to renew, broaden and develop our public law practice into both established and new areas of law.
The opportunity therefore exists for the right public law solicitor, who has the drive, dynamism and confidence to lead in developing our public law work and reputation, to become part of our friendly, supportive and dedicated team. Benefits of the role will include the chance to shape and influence the direction of public law work within our practice. The successful candidate, subject to performance, will be given real responsibility and independence.
This is a full time, permanent post and the salary offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience (between £28,000 and £36,000 with a profit share element). 25 days holiday per annum in addition to public/bank holidays; contributory pension scheme.
- 2+ years Pre or Post-Qualification Experience, which must have included working primarily as a public law solicitor, with significant experience in litigation.
- The necessary qualifications and experience to meet the LAA requirements for a Public Law Supervisor on commencement of the 2018 contract in September.
- Knowledge and experience of managing CCMS cases and working with CFAs.
- Demonstrable commitment to teamwork and leadership potential.
- Commercial awareness
- Confidence and ambition to drive a small, but talented team.
How to apply
Please provide the below documents by email to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday, 17 June 2018:
- A covering letter explaining your interest in and qualification for this role, including examples of how you can demonstrate the necessary qualities for this position, and details of when you would be available to start; and
- Your CV.
Luqmani Thompson is an equal opportunities employer committed to fair treatment of all candidates and employees regardless of age, gender, sexual identity, religion, disability or race.